[TYPO3-dev] Translation problem when using FAL

Marc Wöhlken woehlken at quadracom.de
Wed Jun 25 17:28:36 CEST 2014

Hi!
In one of my extensions I have created a type of recordset which
represents products and uses FAL to store a list of images. Products
then get rendered for FE view by a plugin using fluid.

When I create a record using images everything is ok until I try to
translate the record.

At first everything looks fine. Localize the record via list module and
all works like expected.

Strange thing happen when I modify the list of images of the translated
record. Images will be shown in BE but not in FE. A deeper look into the
database reveals that the newly added images will not have
sys_language_uid set to a proper value. In fact sys_language_uid will
always be 0.

Did I miss some type of configuration?

My current definition of TCA looks like this and is based on [1]:
'images' => array(
  'exclude' => 0,
  'label' => 'Images',
  'config' =>
\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::getFileFieldTCAConfig('image',
array(
    'appearance' => array(
      'createNewRelationLinkTitle' =>
'LLL:EXT:cms/locallang_ttc.xlf:images.addFileReference'
    ),
    'minitems' => 1,
    'maxitems' => 30,
  ), $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['GFX']['imagefile_ext']),
)

Hope someone can shed a bit of light on the issue. If further
information is needed to clarify the problem, please ask.

CU
Marc

[1] http://wiki.typo3.org/File_Abstraction_Layer#TCA

Marc Wöhlken                     TYPO3 certified integrator

Quadracom - Proffe & Wöhlken

Rembertistraße 32              WWW: http://www.quadracom.de
D-28203 Bremen                E-Mail: woehlken at quadracom.de
______________             PGP-Key: http://pgp.quadracom.de