[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 extensions newbie

Dirk Ho dirk_studivz at web.de
Thu Jun 5 11:41:57 CEST 2014

Hi Bernd,

thanks for your repsonse.

> regretfully there is no book available considerung development for 6.x,
> especially 6.2.

I hope there is the book, Wolfgang recommended to me (I overflew it and
it seems to handle also 6.2). ;) Nevertheless if it's not, it will be a
good way into the materia.

> more difficil is the rearrangement of classes, functions and methods in the core.
> But therefore you can use the official api [1]. which you also use to
> 'translate' an old method call to a newer one. enter the function name
> in the upper right corner, select an appropriate class, get the
> Namespace from the bottom line (it would be nice to enable copying the
> namespace [2])

That's a good hint. Creating a new extension I have to be aware to not
use any deprecated methods - but I guess I reinstall my VirtualBox with
Typo3 6.2 to ensure not to do so.

Thanks for the helpful links! I will have a look at it.

Thanks and best wishes,

Dirk