[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 extensions newbie

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Thu Jun 5 08:22:21 CEST 2014

Am 04.06.14 19:47, schrieb Dirk Ho:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm quite new in Typo3 extension developing (not new in developing at
> all) and I'd like to start developing an own extension.
>
> Therefore I need a startup. In the internet I found a tutorial
> (http://t3n.de/magazin/praxis-workshop-einsteiger-extension-entwicklung-extbase-223999/)
> that describes, how to develope an extension with Typo3 4.3, extbase and
> fluid.
>
> My extension should run on Typo3 6.x. Now I know, that I have to use
> namespaces for Typo3 6.x, e.g. what in Typo3 4.3 didn't seem to be
> necessary.
>
> Is there any newer tutorial with all I have to consider in contrast to
> Typo3 4.3?
>
> Hopefully you could get what I'm searching for and hopefully you can
> help me.

regretfully there is no book available considerung development for 6.x,
especially 6.2.

but extbase has not changed that much. more difficil is the
rearrangement of classes, functions and methods in the core.
But therefore you can use the official api [1]. which you also use to
'translate' an old method call to a newer one. enter the function name
in the upper right corner, select an appropriate class, get the
Namespace from the bottom line (it would be nice to enable copying the
namespace [2])

a further help to new extension is the 'extension builder' which is
based on extbase and which replaces the old kickstarter which worked
pi_based

[1] http://api.typo3.org/typo3cms/current/html/
[2] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/59350

bernd