[TYPO3-dev] Abbreviations in class/file names

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Thu Jul 24 08:38:36 CEST 2014

Hi Bernahrd!

On 23.07.14 17:05, Bernhard Kraft wrote:

> Usually an abbreviation (protocols,
> etc.) are all uppercase. Is this somehow handled in the autoloader or
> would I simply have to name the file "RetrieveFileImap" ??

The class loader basically maps all namespace parts to path parts, while
the casing is kept (for any namespace part after vendor and extension):

\MyVendor\MyExtension\Task\RetrieveFileImap

is resolved to:

typo3conf/ext/my_extension/Classes/Task/RetrieveFileImap.php

\MyVendor\MyExtension\Task\RetrieveFileIMAP

is resolved to:

typo3conf/ext/my_extension/Classes/Task/RetrieveFileIMAP.php

\MyVendor\MyExtension\FOO\BAR\bAz

is resolved to:

typo3conf/ext/my_extension/Classes/FOO/BAR/bAz.php

> I have seen things like "core/Classes/Utility/HttpUtility.php" which is
> wrong in my eyes. HTTP should be all uppercase.

It is a matter of taste. I also do not like it very much but I
understand and enjoy the consistency in this CGL rule. (I never have to
ask myself how to deal with casing, thus it is faster and less error prone)

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel