[TYPO3-dev] Indexed Search Functionality Issue on TYPO3

Michael Schams typo3.lists at 2014.trash.schams.net
Thu Jul 24 00:48:24 CEST 2014

On 24/07/14 04:51, Ramaraju Musku wrote:

> The problem is none of
> the crawled stuff are showing up in the index tables. The
> web->info>Indexed Search shows all the pages as 'not indexed'.
> Are there any other configurations that we are missing here?

Did you go through the setup steps documented in the manual:

http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/indexed_search/

In particular section "Configuration" is important (e.g.
"page.config.index_enable = 1" is required).

(quote) "The most basic requirement for the search engine to work is
that pages are getting indexed. That will not happen by just installing
the plugin! You will have to set up in TypoScript that a certain page
should be indexed."

Also, the Wiki is a good resource:

http://wiki.typo3.org/Crawler

Some additional details (but advanced topics I guess):

http://wiki.typo3.org/Indexed_search

...and an example config snippet on the German Wiki page:

http://wiki.typo3.org/De:Indexed_search

By the way - you possibly want to asked this kind of general questions
in the English TYPO3 mailing list rather than in the "dev" list, due to
the fact that this is not "developer" related :-)

HTH! Cheers
Michael