[TYPO3-dev] Re: Develop extension without using database

Maxime Roussin-Bélanger mroussin at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 13 21:40:38 CEST 2014

I have done this once, and the way we did it is :

We created an extension that reroute request, so instead of doing sql request its doing webservice request:

	objects {
            Tx_Extbase_Persistence_Storage_BackendInterface.className = Tx_YourExtensionName_Persistence_Storage_RestBackendInterface
            Tx_Extbase_Persistence_QueryInterface.className = Tx_YourExtensionName_Persistence_RestQuery
            Tx_Extbase_Persistence_Mapper_DataMapper.className = Tx_YourExtensionName_Persistence_Mapper_RestDataMapper
            Tx_Extbase_Persistence_BackendInterface.className = Tx_YourExtensionName_Persistence_RestBackend
    }

We were doing it in Rest thats why you see RestQuery, etc.

This class : Tx_YourExtensionName_Persistence_Storage_RestBackend will override this function : getObjectDataByQuery

and inside that function you will do you web service request. Thats we do it in 4.5. I hope there isnt much of a difference in 6.x.

We had to override the Tx_Extbase_Persistence_Mapper_DataMapper too, because of ObjectStorage it's calling something called : fetchRelatedObjects I think... and this doing another $this->createQuery() and by doing that, it's doing another call to the webService we do not want that.

That's all I have.