[TYPO3-dev] Remove records from extbase query result

Dirk Wenzel wenzel at webfox03.de
Thu Jan 16 18:02:13 CET 2014

Hi Philipp,
just for the sake of completeness: if it *would* be possible to use the
haversine algorithm with a $query->calculate(...) I would not do it
because that would require to perform this calculation on _each_ record.

I think the better solution is to narrow the result beforehand by using
the probably much faster bounding box method. That's what I do now with
my extension placements.

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts!

Cheers
Dirk