[TYPO3-dev] Extension Loading Order (sysext vs. local installed)

Reiner Kempkes reiner.kempkes at nidag.com
Fri Jan 10 19:33:42 CET 2014

Hi Helmut,

> > And why did it work before in TYPO3 4.5 without any problems?
>
> As far as I can tell by looking at the Template Analyzer, the behaviour
> is the same in 4.5

I thought that, too.

> Maybe the case you remember for 4.5 were 2 extensions using
> ext_typoscript_setup.txt In this case the loading order of the
> extensions matter.

I already checked that, but it is not the cause of this case.

> The default order for root template is:
>
> 1. Selected templates from "Include static"
> 2. Automatically included templates from extensions (ext_typoscript_setup)
> 3. Selected "Basis Templates"
>
> When selecting the checkbox "Include Static Templates After Basis
> Templates" the order is:
>
> 1. Selected "Basis Templates"
> 2. Selected templates from "Include static"
> 3. Automatically included templates from extensions (ext_typoscript_setup)
>
> Wenn rootflag is not set (or you select "Never include before this
> template record") then ext_typoscript_setup are not inlcuded at all
> resulting in:

The missing rootflag could be a reason.
The current production instance we try to update had (whyever?) no rootflag set - in none of the pages.
It works for me now using the option  "Never include before this template record" in TYPO3 6.1 with the expected behavior.
I also verified the correct inclusion order using the Template Analayzer successfully.
Would'nt it be more logical to set the inclusion order by default to this:
1. Automatically included templates from extensions (ext_typoscript_setup)
2. Basis Templates of system extensions
3. Selected "Basis Templates"
4. Selected templates from "Include static"

In this case the ext_typoscript_setup and the system extensions can be overriden by custom extension configurations.
Also it is possible to override these using "include static".

Thanks for your support and the very detailed explanation.

Kind Regards,

Reiner Kempkes