[TYPO3-dev] CGL question

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Thu Feb 27 16:09:01 CET 2014

Hi,

I was the person to suggest this part of the CGL (not with the exact
wording, though). The point of this pattern (guard clause) is to check
error cases and exceptions to the "normal case" at the beginning of the
method for two reasons:

1. We reduce the amount of indentation for the "normale case".

2. More error checks and exception cases are located at the very
beginning of the method.

So I'm for changing the wording of that CGL rule to make this more clear.

Oli
--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | Former TYPO3 Security Team Member