[TYPO3-dev] Importing content using TCEMain -Text encoding

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Aug 28 16:53:44 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 28-8-2014 14:16, Patrick Schriner wrote:
> Just for the curious - I'm running it on 4.5 (while most of the issues
> seem to be based on the new EM).
[...]
> https://forge.typo3.org/issues/36754
>
> Seems fixed?
[...]
> https://forge.typo3.org/issues/44991 is odd, but I'd guess it's fixed
> (because the code doesn't have the "not implemented" comment any more)

The fact that it works in your 4.5 installation and that a few very
specific issues with collations are solved doesn't make it a good advice :-)
There can be more situations that might lead to this error (not many
people use utf8_unicode_ci) and one of the many extensions out their
might contain code to contain the error.
For most people it's pretty hard to relate the error message with their
DB settings.
Under these circumstances I would stick to utf8_general_ci; if the
sorting issue for a particular language is a problem you could take your
chances and move to utf8_unicode_ci.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor