[TYPO3-dev] Importing content using TCEMain -Text encoding

Patrick Schriner patrick.schriner at diemedialen.de
Thu Aug 28 14:16:18 CEST 2014

Just for the curious - I'm running it on 4.5 (while most of the issues
seem to be based on the new EM).

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 13:29:36 +0200, Jigal van Hemert
<jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 28-8-2014 11:01, Patrick Schriner wrote:
>> As a side note, if you want to do yourself a favor use "utf8_unicode_ci"
>> (small performance hit for proper sorting).
>>
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/766809/whats-the-difference-between-utf8-general-ci-and-utf8-unicode-ci
>
> Sorry, but for TYPO3 it's currently best to use utf8_general_ci. I know
> there are some differences and utf8_unicode_ci is slightly better, but
> some queries may end in errors if you use anything else but
> utf8_general_ci ("illegal mix of collations").

https://forge.typo3.org/issues/36754

Seems fixed?

> I left out the details, but if you're interested I can give them to you.

https://forge.typo3.org/issues/44991 is odd, but I'd guess it's fixed
(because the code doesn't have the "not implemented" comment any more)