[TYPO3-dev] Why the silent error handling in TYPO3?

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Fri Aug 22 13:50:12 CEST 2014

Am 22.08.2014 10:17, schrieb Olle Haerstedt:
> I already did that. Plus setting the developer flag in apache2. Yet,
> when I do something like this in my Typoscript template:
>
> `page.10 < style.content.get`   <-- Missing 's' at styles
>
> I get no warning. Even though style would undefined.

Actually you do get a warning, at least kind of a warning in the
TypoScript editor of the backend module "templates" and sometimes in the
TypoScript Object Browser as well.

You can try it out by putting the following example into a the setup
field of a template record:

lib.blah = TEXT

page = PAGE
page.10 < lib
page.20 < lig

At least in our testing environment, the "lig" will be red, while lib
will be blue, since lib has been defined before.

So there already is a mechanism to detect errors at a certain level, but
this is just not applied in the parser at runtime. So feel free to
improve that mechanism and add it to the debug mode of the frontend
rendering.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian