[TYPO3-dev] addModule/registerModule does not work

Michael Schams typo3.lists at 2014.trash.schams.net
Sat Aug 16 12:47:17 CEST 2014

On 06/08/14 22:25, Michael Schams wrote:

[...]
> It works for my sub module extension (EXT:addsubmodule), but the label
> still does not appear for the main module (EXT:addmodule), [...]

I found a solution - not sure, if this is ideal, but it seems to work (I
will test it a little bit more).

https://github.com/schams-net/typo3-backend-modules

Three extensions: addmodule, addsubmodule1 and addsubmodule2. Both
submodules depend on the "main" module. If you install EXT:addmodule
only, nothing appears in the BE. If you install one of the submodules,
it appears under the main module. If you install both submodules, they
both appear under the main module.

The labels need to be adjusted if you want to use this concept in your
own extensions :-)

Thanks Bernhard [1] and thanks Xavier/Philipp for your suggestions [2].

Cheers
Michael

[1] http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-dev/2014-August/048821.html
[2] http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-dev/2014-July/048744.html