[TYPO3-dev] addModule/registerModule does not work

Michael Schams typo3.lists at 2014.trash.schams.net
Wed Aug 6 14:25:34 CEST 2014

On 06/08/14 18:13, Bernhard Kraft wrote:

> This won't work. Key 'labels' has to point to a LL file containing the
> labels 'mlang_tabs_tab' and 'mlang_labels_tabdescr'.

Ah! Understood! This makes sense and I changed that.

It works for my sub module extension (EXT:addsubmodule), but the label
still does not appear for the main module (EXT:addmodule), which uses
the addModule() method:

\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::addModule(
   'AddModule', // main module
   '',
   '',
   '',
   array(
     'labels' => 'LLL:EXT:lang/locallang_mod_help_about.xlf'
   )
);

For testing purposes, I also tried to use the language file from
EXT:lang (as shown above) which *definitely* contains correct labels.
And yes, I cleared the cache :-)

> You can take some existing backend module from typo3/sysext/ as example.

The sysextensions match with your suggestion re the labels. I did not
know that. Thanks a lot.

However, everything in typo3/sysext/ are *sub* modules. My problem is
that the label of the main module is empty (the sub module works fine).

Cheers
Michael