[TYPO3-dev] addModule/registerModule does not work

Michael Schams typo3.lists at 2014.trash.schams.net
Mon Aug 4 16:17:47 CEST 2014

Hi!

I am still having problems with adding a (main)module to the BE.
I created two example extensions: EXT:addmodule and EXT:addsubmodule

The first one (EXT:addmodule) should create a module and the second one
(EXT:addsubmodule) should create a ... I am sure, you can guess what ;-)

https://github.com/schams-net/addmodule
https://github.com/schams-net/addsubmodule

EXT:addmodule uses:
\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::addModule();

EXT:addsubmodule uses:
\TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Utility\ExtensionUtility::registerModule();

If I install EXT:addmodule only, nothing is shown (which is ok,
assuming, nothing should appear if a main module does not have any
"children").

If I install both, EXT:addmodule and EXT:addsubmodule, only the module
name of the sub module is shown, not the "parent" (EXT:addmodule).

Is it possible, that TYPO3 6.2 does not support such a setup? Having two
extensions, first one creates the *main* module, second extension uses
this as its parent?

Cheers
Michael