[TYPO3-dev] ExtBase and AJAX: "cannot find requested view"

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Sat Aug 2 11:02:47 CEST 2014

Hi Voktor,

On 01.08.14 16:57, Viktor Livakivskyi wrote:

> Just want to thank you for this approach.

I like to thank you for this feedback :)

> We've had a painful road from page types to Fluid Widgets (which were misunderstood by us), then to eID, then to return JSON in Controllers...

It is so easy to get Fluid Widgets wrong. And they are just not as
useful as they look at first sight. E.g. it is impossible to use
"renderChildren" in an Ajax widget as the context for that is missig,
while it works in non Ajax mode …

> Now this solution looks like a breath of fresh air (at least in theory).

I put a few practical examples into the ajax_example extension.[1][2]
I think there are more possibilities for this concept, but I'm currently
lacking specific use cases ;)

> We'll try it out next time, when AJAX action will be needed.

Feel free to contact me if you have troubles with using it, or if the
use case you have is not yet covered!

Kind regards,
Helmut

[1]http://typo3.helmut-hummel.de/post/93417538000/ajax-examples-for-out-of-bound-typoscript-rendering