[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 6.1 linkhandler not processed when configuration is cached

Torsten Schrade schradt at uni-mainz.de
Tue Apr 8 15:04:16 CEST 2014

Hi list,

Currently i'm battling a nasty little problem with TYPO3 6.1 and the
linkhandler functionality:

I have implemented a linkhandler as described in TSRef (1) to link to a
detail view of one of my extbase extensions.

Example: <link person:uid>name</link> where person is the registered
handler keyword and uid is the uid of the record to which i would like
to link. Now the problem:

1. Page is opened from BE with the same browser where I'm logged in =>
links are fine
2. Page is generated for the first time (emtpy caches) when called with
a second browser from FE => links are fine
3. Page is called from FE with a second browser BUT other pages have
already been called before => NO links

I have tracked this down to this: Once the configuration cache has been
written (by visiting other pages) it seems that the linkhandler
function is no longer executed even if the page that is supposed to
contain linkhander links is newly generated (not in cache).

My linkhandler is registered in my ext_tables.php with the following:

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SC_OPTIONS']['tslib/class.tslib_content.php']['typolinkLinkHandler']['person']
=
'EXT:linkifier/class.tx_linkifier_linkhandler.php:&tx_linkifier_linkhandler';

When I debug the linkhander hook in
\TYPO3\CMS\Frontend\ContentObject\ContentObjectRenderer same thing:
fine from BE, fine with emtpy configuration cache but no debug output
when configuration cache has already been written.

How can I tackle this? Any help highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Torsten

(1)
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TyposcriptReference/Functions/Typolink/Index.html