[TYPO3-dev] category selection gets erased in workspace

Sascha lsascha at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 11:42:12 CEST 2014

Hello everyone.

I just updated to Typo3 v6.2 and everything except some small issues works nicely.

One of these issues looks to me like it is a possible core bug but i am not 100% sure.

I make a parameter in my extbase model as a category. For that i added

'kategorie' => array(
	'exclude' => 0,
	'label' => 'LLL:EXT:artikel/Resources/Private/Language/locallang_db.xlf:tx_artikel_domain_model_artikel.kategorie',
	'config' => array(
		'type' => 'passthrough',
	),
),

to the TCA Configuration of the Model and added
$tableName = 'tx_artikel_domain_model_artikel';
\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::makeCategorizable(
    $_EXTKEY,
    $tableName,

    // optional: in case the field would need a different name as "categories".
    // The field is mandatory for TCEmain to work internally.
    $fieldName = 'kategorie',

    // optional: add TCA options which controls how the field is displayed. e.g position and name of the category tree.
    $options = array()
);

to ext_tables.php.

Now when i select categories when i am in a workspace different than the live-workspace and save the object it does not show the previous selected categories however they seem to be saves. Of course when i save it again since the selection of categories is empty it then does no longer work and the categories are removed.

Is that any known issue since i couldn't find anything about that.

Thanks and with best regards
Sascha