[TYPO3-dev] EXT Extension uploader (extension_uploader) - no upload to TER

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed Sep 18 14:45:53 CEST 2013

Hi,

> I think we are on the same side here. Outdated extension won't show up
> per default in the extension listing on typo3.org! But the extension
> author should still be able to upload a new extension - to fix a known
> bug or to state that it is outdated. People can still download them if
> they run such an old version of TYPO3 or if they visit the extension
> details view. I don't see any reason why anyone would want to prevent
> that...(?)

We don't want extension authors to upload new versions that are still
deprecated, they should take the opportunity to publish a fix for an
official version of TYPO3, that's the deal with TER to get visibility,
nothing more. We are really relax with the hard-check, the LTS is
supported so why would you allow people to allow a fix for, say TYPO3 4.2?

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!