[TYPO3-dev] EXT Extension uploader (extension_uploader) - no upload to TER

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Tue Sep 17 16:35:59 CEST 2013

Hi!

On 17.09.13 15:33, Jigal van Hemert wrote:

> On 17-9-2013 14:21, Steffen Gebert wrote:
>> Ah.. then indeed it's not possible. Query strings can only be matched
>> using an "if", not directly in the "location" declaration - but then I
>> cannot disable the interception.

OK, no worries.

> Seems we have to adjust the behaviour of TER slightly. Perhaps it's
> better to (ab)use a different status for errors which have a traceable
> cause to be able to display the message in EM/uploader and leave 500 for
> the cases where something unknown goes horribly wrong.

That is exactly the case now. Only if DB connection is not possible or
directories do not exist or any other technical problem on the typo3.org
side exists a 500 status code is forced. The only "problem" there is,
that we do not know what kind of error occured, as the message is not
sent, but the Nginx HTML is delivered.

We could change the status header in this case to sth. different than
500 and users would see the details of the failure.

But we could also log such cases to the PHP error log instead, as the
action to be taken needs to be done by the server team anyway which has
access to the logs.

All "user errors" wrong auth, wrong deps etc. send different staus headers

> How can someone work on patches for TER without these nginx surprises?

There are also Varnish surprises and server load surprises. We cannot
prevent such issues to occur but can only debug and fix them. That is
what I did.

Case closed or are there open topics still?

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel