[TYPO3-dev] EXT Extension uploader (extension_uploader) - no upload to TER

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Sep 17 12:12:50 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 16-9-2013 23:45, Helmut Hummel wrote:
> On 16.09.13 20:50, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
>
>> I'm not convinced it's a problem in the TER on the server part.
> But it is! The problem is not only the TER Serverpart but also the
> webserver configuration and the fact, that PHP sends a 500 status code
> for SoapFaults by default.
>
> There was a hack in TER Server to circumvent this PHP behaviour but
> this obviously did not work.
>
> In combination with a special default (HTML) error page configured in
> the webserver when status code is 500, this lead to the meaningless
> error messages in (all) SoapClients.

 From what I now understand the problem is the fact that the web server
(the Nginx part) catches the 500 status and outputs a special error page
instead of what PHP sent.

This also explains why the message from TER worked fine on my test TER
server. I tested with uploading extensions with incorrect and correct
dependencies from the 4.5 and 4.7 Extension Manager and saw the exact
messages from (my) TER.

> A workaround (looks ugly but works) for that is now commited and
> deployed on typo3.org
> http://forge.typo3.org/attachments/24980/51654_v2.diff

Yes, it's quite ugly that it abuses the status 424 (which is for WebDAV
to indicate that a requested action failed because it depends on another
action which failed).

The behaviour of the Nginx server should be changed to not serve that
document when status 500 occurs.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor