[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 Installation Error with Apache Virtual Hosts

Jason Wright jason.wright at wslife.com
Thu Oct 31 20:42:27 CET 2013

Here is a more specific definition of the problem.

I configured a local virtual host called testsite.  I applied no manual rewrite rules to the Apache configuration.  I copied the files for the latest TYPO3 version with introduction package into my document root.

Thus I should be able to access the index file of testsite.  When I do, TYPO3 is redirecting me to what it believes to be the first page of installation, but instead, it is directing me to a domain of testsitec.  Notice the addition of the letter c at the end of the domain.  When I manually correct it, it does the precise same thing along each step of the installation.  Any thoughts?