[TYPO3-dev] where is TYPO3 6.2 Extension Developer information

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed Oct 30 08:37:57 CET 2013

Hello Franz,

> I have been searching for the maintenance tools, but I cannot find all
> of them:

In fact, there is no maintenance tools anymore, you only have download
extension from the actions, not much more.

> ----------------------------
> DELETE EXTENSION FROM SERVER (in the 'Local' location
> 'typo3conf/ext/db_list/'!)
>
> (Maybe you should make a backup first, see above.)

Do it with a FTP client or using SSH. I agree this could find its way to
the EM because I consider it "part of the EM domain", as an action icon
when an extension is deactivated.

> Update EM_CONF
> If files are changed, added or removed to an extension this is normally
> detected and displayed so you know that this extension has been altered
> locally and may need to be uploaded or at least not overwritten.
> Updating this file will reset this check.
>
> Update extension EM_CONF file (in the 'Local' location
> 'typo3conf/ext/db_list/'!)
> ------------------------
>
> How can I execute these 2 steps under TYPO3 6.2?

This is typically considered a developer task and not something an
integrator should do (he is not supposed to modify an extension) and as
such you should rely on external (developer) tools such as
https://github.com/etobi/Typo3ExtensionUtils (md5 update is not yet
available though). It is done automatically for you when you upload your
extension to TER under 4.x and I'm sure you find this task in some
developer extension, for instance I would expect it to be part of
extdeveval (but did not check if it is implemented).

Cheers
Xavier

--
Xavier Perseguers