[TYPO3-dev] Disable delete for editors

Ludwig Rafelsberger [ACC DIGITAL] ludwig.rafelsberger at acc.cc
Thu Oct 24 17:19:43 CEST 2013

Hello everybody,

I need some advice regarding a small bug¹. I want to disallow editors to
delete any object (they should still be able to create, change, move and
hide things).

First off: Is the TSconfig setting "options.disableDelete" the right way
to achieve this? (The site is running TYPO3 CMS 6.1.5)

(Maybe I'm just blind when searching for other ways than using this
TSconfig setting… Some miracle settings in access module?)

If so, then: do you have any pointers where to peek in when trying to…
* … repair the current implementation?
* … implement a more global way to disallow an editor to delete objects
(as suggested in the bug report)?

Also: Any hints when or if this issue will be resolved if I'm not fit
enough myself?

Cheers,
Ludwig
----
[1] #34636: option.disableDelete does not disable deletion
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/34636