[TYPO3-dev] TCA / sys_file_reference / title default value

Philipp philippwrann at gmx.at
Thu Oct 24 09:25:26 CEST 2013

Hey

how can i configure a FAL Reference title/alt/descr to be NULL by default?
If i add a new file reference i want those values to be null, so they get their values from the original resource.
instead an empty string is taken as default value, that very stupid, 90% of my users dont remember to uncheck the checkbox, so the titles they set for the fal entries are not inherited to the reference.

I tried to set the default-value for TCA[sys_file_reference][columns][title] and so on to NULL but it had no effect.

I think the table should be defined default NULL for those fields and a a null-field should be null by default.

thougts / advises?