[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 6.2 speed again

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 15:13:52 CEST 2013

Hi!

I just fetched from Git and got the impression that with this fetch TYPO3
got even slower. Here is what I encountered comparing to the last week's fetch:
- FE generates about 10 seconds (!) using four TEXT cObjects. The same
setup at 4.5 opens instantly
- Opening or saving a TS template in Web>Template takes about 5 seconds. In
4.5 it just works (no delayes).
- TYPO3 complained about inability to created "Packages" directory at site
root. WTF?
- TYPO3 sent me to the Install tool after I created Packages directory and
set proper permissions to it (the dir is still empty, btw)
- BE complains about non-existing
extDirect_DataProvider_BackenduserSettings class

The last one is possibly temporary issue but the sudden HUGE decrease in
speed since the last week is worrying. TYPO3 6.2 was slower than 6.0, which
was slower than 4.x. I understand that complexity of the code increases and
tolerate certain decrease in speed but this time it gone too far for me :(

Does anybody have an idea why are we getting so slow that my Macbook needs
10 seconds to render four TEXT objects on a page? My Macbook is quite
powerful: 2.5Ghz 4 core CPU, 16GB RAM (8.9GB free) and 30% free SSD disk.
That is more than some hostings have as physical or virtual servers.

Yes, I have database up to date and I went through the update wizard.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Today is a good day to have a good day.