[TYPO3-dev] Problem with felogin "Forgot Password"

Joerg Schoppet joerg at schoppet.de
Fri May 17 15:34:27 CEST 2013

Hi,

I hope someone can confirm the below and/or give me some usefull tips/tricks:

TYPO3 CMS 6.1

I activated the "Forgot Password" function within felogin. When I now type in an email of a valid frontend-user and click on "Forgot Password" two things happen:
1. I get an email with the needed link --> PERFECT
2. I get the error-message "Address in mailbox given does not comply with RFC2822, 3.6.2.".

After a lot of debugging I found a workaround and the root cause. Hopefully someone can give me a better solution, than the workaround (comment out the error message in swift-mailer "MailboxHeader.php" file).

- Within the Password reset function at a certain point in time the method "generateAndSendHash()" in "FrontendLoginController" is called.
- In this method there is the code-line "$this->cObj->sendNotifyEmail($msg, $user['email'], '', $this->conf['email_from'], $this->conf['email_fromName'], $this->conf['replyTo']);"
- The problem is "IMHO" in the class "ContentObjectRenderer" in the "sendNotifyEmail()" method if the third parameter ($cc) is an empty string.
- This empty string is parsed with the static call "$parsedCc = \TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\MailUtility::parseAddresses($cc);" and always returns "@localhost"
- And "@localhost" is understandably not allowed in swiftmailer

Can somebody confirm my thoughts and/or give me a meaningful solution/tip/trick?

Thanks a lot in advance

Joerg