[TYPO3-dev] Restricting GET parameters / Caching

Michael Knoll mimi at kaktusteam.de
Fri May 17 12:12:16 CEST 2013

Hello list!

We have a problem with caching in a TYPO3 website with high traffic. The
problem is that each combination of GET parameters is cached, even if
they make no sense.

Instead of http://domain.com/ one can use http://domain.com/?key=value
and each time a different GET parameter is used, the resulting page is
cached individually.

So there are 2 questions:

1. Can I restrict the parameters on a per-site configuration? If yes,
where can I find some documentation on that topic? A whitelist of
expected parameters would be great.

2. Can I create redirect with a HTTP 301 (moved) if denied GET
parameters are used.

As I think that a solution for this problem is interesting for other
developers as well, I posted this question here.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Greez

Mimi