[TYPO3-dev] thank you Formhandler (little review of my preferred TYPO3 form engine)

Stefano Cecere scecere at krur.com
Fri May 17 12:04:16 CEST 2013

i just wanted to give public thanks to the
http://www.typo3-formhandler.com project and to his main developer
(Reinhard) who is such responsitive and dedicated to improve it

i am converting all forms in my website to use formhandler (even user
registration and newsletter subscription, CRM & REST services, and
custom extension editing. since i still can't manage Fluid/Extbase forms
for editing complex objects)

i like Formhandler much more than Powermail because here i can have all
form data, templates and logic in text files, with master templates to
share the same form rendering among multiple forms (and even sites)

in Powermail you have to deal with fields and form structure via BE and
DB.. not good for deployment on critic sites.

compared to Formhandler, the "new" TYPO3 core form ext is child's toy (i
guess not used that much to be useable if not for simple contact forms)

http://www.typo3-formhandler.com website is quite very good.. some
important tutorials are missing (for advanced or complex solutions) but
i'll give back to the project helping with those

best regards

Stefano Cecere
KRUR studio - http://krur.com