[TYPO3-dev] in 6.0 can't edit BE user groups from Backend Users module

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu May 16 21:17:54 CEST 2013

Hi Stefano,

Stefano Cecere wrote:

> since i knew it wasn't that hard to bring back the edit icons to the
> groups (at least the main group), i really guessed that those icons were
> taken off by purpose (maybe after hours of UI & UX studies...)

I think this is merely practical, if you have 1000 users with a few groups
each, then the rendering of groups takes lots of extra space.

Thus rendering the groups should be optional. As a fast solution, you can
always use the list view to mass edit properties.

Showing the user groups could be a filter option. Please file a feature
request if you need this.

You can also edit the groups from within the user record.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!