[TYPO3-dev] Re: Give +1 for the Extension Feedback Process

Elmar Hinz t3elmar at googlemail.com
Wed May 1 16:16:53 CEST 2013

> just an idea:

> extensions + Version, the TYPO3 version, the PHP Version and the TYPO3
> Server key. This way we could get usefull information about extensions
> in a automated way.
>
> Sadly this will go into privacy discussions (no reason to do that here -
> this is just an idea).
>
> But this could lead to real usage graphs :D

I see some realtions to other suggestions:

David Ros
========

By the way, we have a dedicated but unused field for that purpose in
Installtool ->

[SYS][T3instID]
A unique installation ID - not used yet. The idea is that a TYPO3
installation can identify itself by this ID string to the Extension
Repository on TYPO3.org so that we can keep a realistic count of serious
TYPO3 installations.

Franz Hozinger

My proposal is to write a TYPO3 backend extension for making an
investigation. If the user presses the OK button, then the information
about the installed versions of the extensions and the TYPO3 version are
sent to a remote server. Then the user does not need to do anything
more.