[TYPO3-dev] Give +1 for the Extension Feedback Process

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Wed May 1 15:40:44 CEST 2013

Hello Elmar,

just an idea:

extensions + Version, the TYPO3 version, the PHP Version and the TYPO3
Server key. This way we could get usefull information about extensions
in a automated way.

Sadly this will go into privacy discussions (no reason to do that here -
this is just an idea).

But this could lead to real usage graphs :D

Regards
Kay

Am 30.04.13 19:36, schrieb Elmar Hinz:
> Quote: Kay Strobach wrote on Tue, 30 April 2013 16:21
>> I'm also pro per user voting.
>> This would ensure, that a user can just vote once / revote :D
>>
>> Regards
>> Kay
>
> Hello Kay,
> you are one of the most constructive members, but here I ask for some
> realism.
> Take the amount of registered members,
> reduce them to the amount of active members,
> reduce them to the amount of active members, that are willing to vote.
>
> Do we have a first estimation here?
> So far we have 25 supporters, thinking feedback is important for
> extensions at all. The rest of the community is demonstrating ignorance
> to the matter of extensions.
>
> What results would you expect on such a limited userbase?
> Taking that numbers, I fully agree with Jigal van Hemert, that it's not
> worth
> the effort and will lead to nothing.
> I neither get the feedback, how many people are using my extensions, nor
> do I get the number of feedback that quailifies it, to any statistical
> evidence.
>
> I see  only one way, that is to pick up every vote, that is reachable,
> from every installation a user is willing to klick thumbs up or down.
> This has to be as simple and as appealing as possible for the user.
>
> Either that brings in enough responses or there is no option at all to
> collect user feedback by a systematic approach.
>
> Regards
>
> Elmar

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach