[TYPO3-dev] How would you solve this "problem"

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Tue Mar 5 09:23:47 CET 2013

Hi Philipp,

take a look into tt_news or cal, both have different views and a way to
select the first view, and enable more views, which can be linked then :D

Regards
Kay

Am 05.03.13 08:46, schrieb Philipp:
> Hey!
>
> In my extension i have a few new record types, the main record type
> itself is extended by other extensions - extending fields and setting
> new types. So much for the functionallity. But in my project a have the
> requirement, that many different "types" have their own detailpage. My
> first approach was to make many more types and link their detailview via
> typoscript to a page.
>
> I thought that will do the job, but i just saw there are more than just
> a few of thosew types, so i will have lets say - 20 - detail pages.
>
> Now - my current thought is - it would be better to make this
> dynamically extend- and adjustable by the content editors themselve, so
> lets say a special field called subtype, which only has a name and a
> linked detailpage. That would be a perfect way BUT - and now comes the
> challenging part - i have 9 different page-trees. And of course all
> should share those subtypes _BUT_ have different detail-view-settings.
>
> That is a pretty unusual constelation, i would like to know how you
> would solve this.
>
> kind regards

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach