[TYPO3-dev] How would you solve this "problem"

Philipp philippwrann at gmx.at
Tue Mar 5 08:46:02 CET 2013

Hey!

In my extension i have a few new record types, the main record type itself is extended by other extensions - extending fields and setting new types. So much for the functionallity. But in my project a have the requirement, that many different "types" have their own detailpage. My first approach was to make many more types and link their detailview via typoscript to a page.

I thought that will do the job, but i just saw there are more than just a few of thosew types, so i will have lets say - 20 - detail pages.

Now - my current thought is - it would be better to make this dynamically extend- and adjustable by the content editors themselve, so lets say a special field called subtype, which only has a name and a linked detailpage. That would be a perfect way BUT - and now comes the challenging part - i have 9 different page-trees. And of course all should share those subtypes _BUT_ have different detail-view-settings.

That is a pretty unusual constelation, i would like to know how you would solve this.

kind regards