[TYPO3-dev] How to get default XML data from known DS?

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon Mar 4 12:31:12 CET 2013

Hi folks.

One of the last issues we have to tackle before the Grid Elements 1.4.0
release is:

We need to generate default XML data from a known Data Structure to be
saved while dragging in new content elements.

The problem: Dragging in means, we won't generate any HTML form in
between to get some saved data from, but we have to directly create an
element using all necessary default values including the default XML
that would have been found in pi_flexform after saving it from the usual
editing form. This already works with TCAdefaults, but flexforms seem to
be more tricky.

So I need to know a method that generates default XML data out of the
known pi_flexform datastructure to make sure, that any content element
that makes use of flexforms will have this default data available after
being saved to the DB.

t3lib_transferData::renderRecord_flexProc seemed to be a good candidate,
but it needs some input data as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Joey