[TYPO3-dev] FAL migration for file links missing?

Nicolas de Haen typo3 at ndh-websolutions.de
Sun Jun 30 17:28:34 CEST 2013

What i meant is writing a script which just parses through the database
and replace the links with the appropriate file IDs. This could be done
in less than an hour if the files are still at the right place.

But an upgrade wizzard has to do more I guess: it has to take various
scenarios into account and it has to add the files to the sys_file
database if they aren't indexed already and I don't know what else
(since I'm not yet familiar with the whole FAL API).

As Francois Suter already mentioned some days ago the FAL API for doing
this migration is not really transparent...

Anyway - if it's really the case that this is not yet implemented at all
I would like to help!

And if it won't make it in the next patch release please add a note to
prevent others from running in trouble like me...

regards,
Nico

--
Nico de Haen