[TYPO3-dev] 4.5.19: loadTCA infinity loop/recursion

Ernesto Baschny ernesto.baschny at typo3.org
Fri Jun 28 18:57:57 CEST 2013

Fritz-Michael Gschwantner schrieb am 28.06.2013 12:58:
> It also happens with 4.5.27. I also tested this today on a local xampp
> installation (under Windows) and the same problem occurs here (however
> on my machine, when this problem happens, the script finishes in time,
> it just takes very long after every 10th or so data entry).
>
> *However*, what I didn't mention yet: there are over *37,000* data
> entries in that table. When I deleted all of those (in my local
> installation) the problem does not occur anymore. It looks like the
> Typo3 Backend is sometimes loading a lot of TCAs depending on the
> numbers of data entries in a system folder.
>
> Is the Typo3 backend simply not usable when dealing with such a large
> number of data entries?

Should of course not be the case, as this clearly does not scale well. :)

So if you got so far, it would be cool if you could file a bug in our
issue tracker [1] and maybe get further in investigating this issue. In
the issue description please try to be so kind to provide a setup and a
recipe on "how to reproduce" that.

If you happen to find out what's the trouble and come up with a patch
for the core, please contribute your solution through a review request.
More on that, see [2].

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Ernesto