[TYPO3-dev] FAL migration for custom tables

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Jun 26 17:06:52 CEST 2013

Hi Benni,

Thanks for your answers.

A few questions though.

> 2. RTE magic images migration
> [snip]
> Then, instead of this "ref_string" indexing, we index hard to a sys_file
> UID record. That is actually the big advantage, because we don't need
> the softref stuff anymore.
>
> However, this wizard is not "field-based" like the other, but just looks
> into the sys_refindex table.

That's what I don't get really. If I start with the just upgrade site,
my RTE magic images are stored in some "uploads" subfolder, specific to
my extension. These files have not been detected at all by TYPO3 and
there are thus no entries for them in sys_file yet. That seems normal to
me, but is it?

Next if I try to run a script as you delineate above, I don't understand
how it can work if I don't yet have sys_file entries? Is getFile()
supposed to create sys_file entries? Looking at the source code I didn't
get this impression, but I may be wrong. One sure thing, no entries were
created in my case.

> Does this give you a bit more insight? Do you solely struggle with the
> RTE migration wizard or with the other one as well?

I haven't tried the other one yet, but I will have to tackle it too.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch