[TYPO3-dev] Status of ReStructured Text usage for extension manuals

Michael typo3ml at schams.net
Sun Jun 23 05:45:35 CEST 2013

On 23/06/13 01:41, Alexander Bigga - Software wrote:

>> By the way: there are already about 30 TYPO3 extensions with reST
>> manuals.
[...]
> My mentioned "slub_events" doesn't (yet) have one. I just used the current extension
> builder on TYPO3 4.7 which produces a placeholder Index.rst and some folder tree
> for reST...

In this case, I should re-phrase my statement: "There are already about
30 TYPO3 extensions with a file 'Documentation/Index.rst' available,
which is *likely* the extension manual in reST (or the preparation of
it)." :-)

> I find writing documentation with something like Openoffice or Word so disgusting...
> that I usually have no motivation to write anything.

You should have a crack at writing your documentation in reST. It's easy
and straight forward and I am sure the guys in the typo3-doc mailing
list are happy to assist if required: