[TYPO3-dev] Status of "devlog" extension

Georg Grossberger contact at grossberger-ge.org
Sat Jun 1 21:41:19 CEST 2013

Hi

So here a first draft: https://github.com/Trenker/typo3.devlog.git

It's just a rewrite of the devlog functions in 6.x style, with some Ajax
and JS in the BE and the debug data in JSON format for easy integration
of different writers / targets / whatever. It also parses object
properties similar to Extbases' DebuggerUtility. I'll throw all the new
and changed things on top of this.

@Philipp and Francois
I share your opinion with the compatibility. Just wanted to make sure.

@Francois
The integration of the Logging API is a good idea. This raises an
important question:

How much functionality of the current devlog will be provided by the new
logging API? The two (IMO critical) features in question: grouping the
entries per run, detailed debug data display.

If it has features for this, than the devlog - in its current state -
will not be needed anymore, but may only be a set of decorators or
processors for dev-infos.

@Fabien
I already used that in several extensions, and I can confirm as well:
it's great. Maybe this could be integrated into a be GridView widget, so
it's easier for devs making data grids, in an easier way and that all
look the same, which would reduce the confusion of editors.