[TYPO3-dev] is FAL too picky? a lot of errors with FAL

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Tue Jul 30 17:46:59 CEST 2013

Am 30.07.13 16:19, schrieb Philipp Gampe:
> Hi bernd wilke,
>
> bernd wilke wrote:
>
>> meanwhile I configured the scheduler job to reindex files, but it seems
>> that it only reindexes fileadmin/ ????
>
> According to the code, it should index all storages. Maybe it runs into a
> timeout?

in scheduler?
yet there are not very much files around.

> It does not look very smart at least:
> typo3/sysext/scheduler/Classes/Task/FileIndexingTask.php

ouch.
	$successfullyExecuted = TRUE;
	[ something is done without modifying $successfullyExecuted]
	return $successfullyExecuted;

very trustworthy

>> and another thing happend just again: TYPO3 lost information about
>> generating thumbnails/image processing and all folders came up with an
>> error message:
>> "you are not allowed to remove /__thumnails/preview.....png"
>
> Maybe you have a permissions problem? Try setting the right mask in the
> install tool.

all files and directories were owned by www-data. the path was correct
as the filename changed when I removed the named file by hand.

> Maybe you removed those information accidentally?

I don't think so, but I have an eye on it and someday I will catch the
bug (and then report an error in forge).
without reproducability:

> I am sure that there are still bugs around, but we need to separate user
> errors, configuration errors and actual bugs in the code.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html