[TYPO3-dev] New transparent categorizing of all content element

Fabien Udriot fabien.udriot at ecodev.ch
Wed Jul 17 08:01:03 CEST 2013

>> I'd like to develop an extension which uses categorized
>> sys_file-records, which is currently not possible with 6.1 Is it planned
>> to implement that within the 6.1-branch or will this be postponed to 6.2
>> or even later as this will be refactored?
>
> (...)
>
> It would be cool if you could provide feedback for this feature as it is
> rarely used yet.

Hi Michael,

I depends what you exactly have in mind with "uses categorized sys_file-records".

FYI, I once developed some proof of concept for the need of taxonomy with the aim of managing the
category and visualize categorized items by the end user. I put below the wireframes of the current
state.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1467717/Images/2013-07-16_2147.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1467717/Images/2013-07-16_2144.png (same but with comments)

My idea is to re-activate this project at some point and use this work as starting point for
implementing / fine tuning the Category Collection API that we have in the Core since 6.0 (but need
polishing and real life examples). Let me know if that goes in the direction of your needs. We could
/ should join forces...

Fb.