[TYPO3-dev] New transparent categorizing of all content element

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Jul 16 14:51:45 CEST 2013

Hi Søren,

I strongly agree with the fact that - in general - the Core should make
better use of categories, especially by proving some default usage of
them. They actually have been around since 6.0, but I suspect nearly no
one is using them for lack of examples. I gather many people don't even
know they exist.

>   * Category HMENU special type

I have planned to work on that. Hopefully I can deliver on that promise
now that I have complete the migration of the sysext manuals.

>   * Think about how to easily integrate into content concept.

As a first steps I was thinking of also doing a special menu for this,
but which would display like a section index.

There's a lot more that can be done with categories and it would be good
to have some feedback here to start some brainstorming. Then we could
filter what could go into the Core and what would be better in an extension.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch