[TYPO3-dev] Extension documentation in ReST format

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Jan 23 09:56:38 CET 2013

Hi Bernhard,

> So is the plan to also migrate extension documentation to ReST format or
> will those manuals stay in SWX format?

Yes and no. The plan is to enable all extension authors who want it to
use ReST. Normally, your documentation should appear here:

http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/

but doesn't. I don't know why. Maybe it's just a question of time. Of
course this page should be improved over time.

But we also plan to keep supporting SXW, because some authors will not
want to update and - most importantly - many extension authors are not
around anymore to update all manuals. So we currently handle both, with
some on the fly conversion for SXW-based manuals. Using ReST gives
better control over the structure of the manual.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter