[TYPO3-dev] install tool "confirmation" page

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sat Jan 12 11:30:57 CET 2013

Hi,

On 12-1-2013 8:39, Robert Wildling wrote:
> In the German list I posted my "observation" that the "confirmation"
> page of the "All configurations" menu won't list the changes any more
> after hitting the update button (and there is also one error: thumbnails
> - 2nd option from the top - won't update).

Can't reproduce the problem with the option. I can turn it on or off, no
problem.

> My question:
> Why was that function removed? Which changes have been made to the
> install tool that made a removal necessary?

The configuration file is now completely regenerated when an option is
changed. Previously only some lines were modified.

The "All configuration" part is just a huge form and when saving it all
the values in the form are saved in the new configuration and the
configuration file is replaced with a fresh file.

> Will it come back?

If someone finds the time and motivation to add that feature. I
personally don't find it very useful. I changed a setting and then it
tells me which settings I've just changed.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!