[TYPO3-dev] Ideas for Google Summer of Code

Tobias Liebig tobias.liebig at typo3.org
Tue Feb 12 17:48:22 CET 2013

Hej Philipp,

Am 12.02.2013 um 11:19 schrieb Philipp Gampe <philipp.gampe at typo3.org>:

> Just an idea:
>
> Let a student work on a next-gen TER which combines Flow and CMS
> extensions/packages?
> Maybe based on composer package repository, but with integration into
> existing T3o infrastructure.
> I am just not sure if the workload can be handled within a three month
> period.

Maybe its possible to spilt this into smaller steps and thus separated projects/ideas.

For example (spontaneous, without any deeper conceptional thinking of it; you might be deeper into this stuff):
* extend the EM to be able to fetch from git repository and/or using composer (beside of the current TER way to fetch/download extensions)
* the package repository itself (i guess this will be something like packagist?)
* maybe an "git/github to TER" service (webhook on github triggers upload to TER or triggers TER to "pull" the extension itself?)

did you already talked to one of the Flow guys what their concept is? I think julle did the composer stuff for Flow, right?

Beside of that: I really like the idea. Please follow it and try to make it "doable" :-)

kind regards
   Tobias

--
Tobias Liebig