[TYPO3-dev] Your Input On: 6.x Extension Manager

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sat Feb 9 10:15:26 CET 2013

Hi Benjamin Mack,

Benjamin Mack wrote:

> It is more focused on actually downloading and installing extensions
> instead of doing everything else that has been in that place for the
> last years:

I would like to keep it this way.

> * Uploading extensions

Should be moved to a dev tools extension (extdevel?).

> * Updating language files

Is an own module

> * Developer information about an extension
Which one?

> * Cleanup ext_emconf.php
Imho not needed, can be done via extdevel.

> * Creating a new extension (kickstarter)
Definitly not part of extension management

> * List of updated extensions

Still there

> So, as we want to improve this area for 6.1, I am eager to get your
> input on what should definitively get back in there (and why) and what
> should be placed somewhere else. I would also like to have your feedback
> on the UI parts, the things you like and the things you don't like.

I would like to see support (at least by not deleting it) for Git and SVN
repositories. Currently, your repository/checkout will be deleted if you
update a symlinked extension.
There should be a warning, if extensions are symlinked.

I might be easiest if we integrate composer support into the EM and let
composer handle the Git/SVN/external URL fetching of extensions. Also
composer would help a lot with dependency management.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!