[TYPO3-dev] Your Input On: 6.x Extension Manager

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Sat Feb 9 04:27:54 CET 2013

Hey everybody,

as most of you (hopefully :)) played around with the new extension
manager in 6.0, you might have noticed that it has a different feel to
it: It is more focused on actually downloading and installing extensions
instead of doing everything else that has been in that place for the
last years:

 * Uploading extensions
 * Updating language files
 * Developer information about an extension
 * Cleanup ext_emconf.php
 * Creating a new extension (kickstarter)
 * List of updated extensions

So, as we want to improve this area for 6.1, I am eager to get your
input on what should definitively get back in there (and why) and what
should be placed somewhere else. I would also like to have your feedback
on the UI parts, the things you like and the things you don't like.

Please keep in mind that we really want to make this thing better than
before. Answers like "Make it like it was in 4.0" won't get. This is our
chance to make this tool easier and more useful than ever - as we have a
great new and clean code base now.

Thanks for your feedback!
Benni.