[TYPO3-dev] Fwd: Fwd: Re: [Ticket#2013113074000082] Observations from a Typo3 newbie

Alan Campion alancampion at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Dec 4 19:08:29 CET 2013

Hi Philipp and Alexander,

     To the information posted by Alexander (included in bug #53682) I
can add the following summary based on a screen shot I took at the time,
if this is of further help to anyone. (I assume image attachments would
be frowned on?).
     If I've understood the information in the bug  history correctly,
there is an issue with (legacy?) Typo3 code, which Chris Zepernick
covers, as well as second issue with PHP itself, that Stefan Neufeind
refers to.  This latter reference I don't pretend to understand, nor the
differences between 32/64 bit, both are outside my comfort zone.
     I'm guessing the Typo3 source code is the same(?), so any
differences in compiled objects would be down to the respective
compilers. That may explain why Philipp is apparently leading a charmed
life, if my guesswork is correct.
Regards
Alan
Summary of screenshot
------------------------------------
#1195126772:$toolbaritem "shortcuts" must implement interface
TYPO3\Backend\Toolbar\ToolbarItemHookInterface

UnexpectedValueException thrown in file
typo3_src-6.1.5/typo3/sysext/backend/Classes/Controller/BackendController.php
in line 148

3
TYPO3\CMS|Backend\Controller\BackendController::initializeCoreToolbarItems()

typo3_src-6.1.5/typo3/sysext/backend/Classes/Controller/BackendController.php:
/In listing, line 00126 is highlighted//
/
2 TYPO3\CMS|Backend\Controller\BackendController::__construct()
typo3_src-6.1.5/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Utility/GeneralUtility.php:
/line 04111 is highlighted//
/
1
TYPO3\Core\Utility\GeneralUtility::makeInstance("TYPO3\CMS\Backend\Controller\BackendController")
     typo3_src-6.1.5/typo3/backend.php
/line 00036 is highlighted//