[TYPO3-dev] Which Version to choose starting developing plugins?

Mirko Steiner mirko.steiner at me.com
Tue Dec 3 10:36:17 CET 2013

Quote: Stefano Kowalke wrote on Mon, 02 December 2013 15:44
> Hey Mirko,
>
> > I downloaded the latest version of Typo3 (6.1.6) but the documentation
> > an extensions are not working with this version perfectly.
>
> I don't understand this part. Which documentation of which extension is
> not working?

I'm using the documentation which is available under the typo3 document library (can't use the link here, because i have < 3 posts)
Most of the docs are fine, but there are several differences between 6.1.6 and the version where the documentation belongs to. For example the Typoscript in 45 Minutes has some differences and the Extension for the Templating Tutorial can't be installed (does not  work for 6.1.6)

> I am using 6.1.6 for developing new extensions. If you planning to setup
> a complete new TYPO3 installation it makes sense to use the latest
> stable version.

I agree, also i don't want to learn things related to versions which are outdated soon.